Thursday, January 17, 2013

Planner and HMB in one Part 1

Here I am! Twice in one week, I know! I'm amazed too!

Shannon recently created a planner for me that I love. I gave you a sneak peek in my calendar post. When she made my planner, she made it full size. When I started putting it together, I realized I needed to combine my planner and my home management binder. Many of the things in my home management binder were things I wanted to have with me.

First I had to pick a binder. I wanted something that would not be a pain to carry in my gigantic purse. I decided to go with a FiveStar flex binder. (Like this) I happened to have one at home. I am not in love with the color, but it was free, so I'm going with it for now.

The first thing I added was an old school pencil bag. I needed a place for my markers, sticky notes, ruler and other things. I got this one at Target, I think, on clearance about 2 years ago.


It also already had dividers in it, the perfect amount in fact. And they have pockets, which I love.


I have 5 sections, plus some plain notebook paper in the back. My sections aren't labeled yet because I am not 100% committed to this binder. However, they are my planner, budget information, workout calendar, meal planning, and cleaning and organizing.

Over the next couple of weeks I will show you what I have in each of my sections and how I use my planner.

It is still a work in progress and I am constantly re-evaluating. I have plans for creating a vinyl label with our family name, fun washi labels for my dividers, and using my daily agenda. Do you have any questions? Do you want one of your own? Check out our Etsy shop to meet your organization needs!


No comments:

Post a Comment