Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pinterest Projects Past

Today I felt like remember some of the pinterest projects of the past and the wonderful inspiration that led up to them. 
Here is the menu board that I created back in March. It worked really well, when we actually used it. We do not currently have it up in the apartment, because there isn't really a good place to hang it. I'm hoping to eventually find a nice place to hang it.
{Read about how I made it here}


Here's a few of the places that I got inspiration for my menu board-

the homes i have made
Simply Kelly B


There are a few more on my craft ideas page on pinterest. There are a lot of great menu planning ideas out there in pinterest land. You can find a menu planning system to fit almost any style.

This is a classroom tool that I made for myself and my cooperating teacher during my student teaching. She called them "fair sticks". They were used to make sure each student got a turn before starting over, thus making it fair, hence the name "fair sticks". My orignal idea came from chore sticks, however having no children I didn't need chore sticks, but I did need fair sticks :)


Here are the original chore sticks:
 



My first attempt at controlling my financial paperwork was inspired by Tiffany at the nest effect. See her post here. (although most her posts are just as helpful)


I have an entire pinterest board dedicated completely to home management binders. I got inspiration in a ton of places. My first attempt I got printables from other places and only made a few of my own. Then later I went back and made all of my own, which are now available in our etsy shop.



Glitter Keys and Bobby Pins. Easiest cute thing ever. Some sites recommended glue and dumping on actual glitter, followed by clear nail polish. I just used glitter nail polish and called it good. So far both the keys and bobby pins are holding their color. I considered coating them with clear acrylic sealer but didn't want that getting on the end of the keys and getting into the locks. I might add the clear nail polish over the glitter polish if it starts coming off.

                                                                                    

This one isn't really a craft, but it was inspired by pinterest- a t-shirt reorganization.




I found my inspiration here:
 




After the installation of my {wonderful, amazing, fantastic, delightful} washer, I tried to make the laundry area a little cuter. If that's possible? Either way, I tried. And I like that it adds a little something while still being functional and practical. {check out the rest of my laundry area here}


***UPDATE!! I can't believe that I forgot one of my first projects. A spare tp roll holder!!





Please share a link to any pinterest projects you have done!! We would love to see what you've done and get some wonderful inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment