Wednesday, March 28, 2012

a teacher's plan book

You already know that we have a dissatisfaction with store bought planners, but we are also dissatisfied with store bought teacher's planners!
I made my own planning template during my student teaching, which worked pretty well. But while I was student teaching a got a few tips from my cooperating teacher and a few others, which helped me to come up with this!
Creative Life Design's: ATeacher's Plan Book
We have come up with the following pages so far, but we are open to suggestions from our readers, especially teachers before we make the final changes.
Check out what we have so far:


 Year at a glance pages- for your long range planning



Happy Birthday pages- for tracking student and faculty birthdays.
Especially important for elementary teachers




Student Checklist pages- for everything from grades to permission slips.
There will be several of these pages included.


Monthly planning pages- A calendar side and a notes side.
We have not decided if we will place all of the month pages at the beginning or spaced out within the weekly planning pages. We would love your feedback on this!
The monthly pages will go from July to June of the next year.

Secondary Planning pages- Our secondary, or upper elementary planning pages are designed for different class periods throughout the day, with a space for notes at the bottom. Each day is a different color, so you can easily see what is on the schedule for today.
We can customize the headings to fit your class schedule, if you like.


Elementary Planning Pages- Our elementary planning pages will be customized for each teacher's schedule.  These pages leave enough room for an outline but not a complete lesson plan. We are considering including complete lesson plan pages- suggestions?



There will be notes pages throughout the plan book, with extra's in the back.


We would love to hear your feedback and suggestions before we make our final decisions! If you are a teacher, or know one, leave us a blog comment or send us an email! We are very excited to launch our teacher plan books! Niki will be coming out with some cover ideas soon, so check back with us!
shannon.creativelifedesigns@gmail.com
niki.creativelifedesigns@gmail.com



10 comments:

  1. Hi Ladies,

    Love your work. I currently make custom and premade lesson plans for teachers.I would love to team up and do something together! My buisness blog is, A Teacher's Plan, and you can contact me at msk1ell(at)gmail(dot)com, if your interested.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a preschool teacher, and these are EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Is there a way to download these or purchase them somewhere? I can't pass these up! Thanks!
    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout of this planner! I teach middle school and its exactly what I want. Where can I download/purchase this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^Is this available to download or purchase yet?

      Delete
  4. I love the checklist pages. Would it be possible to email the files to me? day@monfortonschool.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering if this is available for download. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wold love a copy of these! email me at lgarcia1@sd27j.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could I have a copy of these please? I don't see where to get them. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the name of the font you using here on your blog? I love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete