Friday, November 30, 2012

home management binder {makeover part 4}

The next section of my home management binder is the home maintenance section. This is probably the second most often used section, after calendar and planning. 


The home maintenance section contains my annual home maintenance checklist and also my cleaning schedules. We live in an apartment now, so the maintenance checklist doesn't really apply...but I assume I will not be living in an apartment for the rest of my life. However it is kind of nice to have them knock on your door and say "Hi, I'm here to change your air filter" or my disposal isn't working--come fix it please...and the snow removal...and the cheap utilities.... maybe apartments aren't sounding so bad after all.




This is the cleaning checklist that I shared as a freebie a while ago. {head over to that post to grab it} I made this one after we moved into the apartment, I needed a way to keep track, hold myself accountable, and have some kind of logical plan so I wasn't cleaning the bathtub every other day and never remembering when the last time I washed the windows or sheets was....

Here's what mine looks like:
I have a few other cleaning lists in this section as well. I got these from other blogs, these were not something I created.  These came from clean mama.





I just keep them inside page protectors that can be marked on with a wet or dry erase marker, then easily cleared for the next month/year. I really like the deep cleaning checklist I really like both of these checklists. The deep cleaning is good because they are tasks that you aren't doing everyday and by tracking them you know what has been done recently  and what needs to be done. It's a great way to keep yourself on track for a clean house. The quick cleaning is a great way to keep yourself on track for the week or month. Pick a different thing each time and then start over once the column is filled and you should never end up with a huge task ahead of you. This list would go great when used with a timer too....just set your timer for 15, 30 or 60 and keep moving down the list until your timer goes off. easy peasy. and you all know that crossing things off a list feels great. clean house, completed list = double win.
Don't have your own cleaning system in place? Pinterest is a great place to get inspiration, tips, and tricks.


1 comment:

  1. This is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information.
    Σίτες

    ReplyDelete