Monday, June 25, 2012

fifteen minutes of {organization}

So today's post is a bit redundant, but it needed to be done…so here it is.
Get your closet under control…again.
remember last time I cleaned my closet? I went from this…

to this...




Today's clean up was not quite as dramatic, since I already had my new storage system in place. But it had gotten quite out of control from just tossing things in the closet and shutting the door.

Today I started with this:


It's not horrible, but still not a great way to start the day.
So I started by taking care of my clean laundry from the basket…sorted on the bed and put away after everything is folded and sorted into like items

I forgot to take a picture of the sorting…so this is part way through the putting away process.

Next I started in on my storage tubs. I started with this disaster:



and after refolding and matching socks, this is what I ended up with:


 ahh, much better.  The brown cloth cube holds all my work out clothes. The white dish tubs hold tank tops in one ( black, white, grey, and brown on one side, colored on the other) and the other holds undergarments. The itso cubes hold socks (one dress socks and one everyday socks).

After they were reorganized, I popped them back into their proper locations and ended up with this:



and some nicely organized t-shirts. They live in a clear storage tote under the bed, since I don't have a dresser. But they are easy to sort through, since the picture shows to the front of each stack. Not an idea situation, but it works for now.




It might have taken a bit longer than 15 minutes since I put away clean laundry too, but it needed to be done. It will be much nicer to wake up to a clean closet in the morning.
What organization projects are you working on this summer??



No comments:

Post a Comment