Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Operation: Get It Together {episode three}


Operation: Get it together continues. Today we are on "pretend Wednesday" but I am including Thursday too, for the sake of not dragging this out too much.
 Wednesday and Thursday tasks: 

sweep and vacuum floors
check counters
laundry
clear clutter
water plants
check floors
I also added in dishes, because obviously those need to be done everyday. 
We don't always have to run the dishwasher everyday. But there are dishes used everyday and that means they need to be rinsed and put in the dishwasher. Sitting in the sink being all nasty is not acceptable. Occasionally a few rinsed dishes will sit in the sink until the next day and I'm okay with that if they are rinsed and not getting crusty. Nothing makes a girl crankier than trying to scrub nasty crusty dishes, right?

The floors got swept and vacuumed today. We don't have much area to sweep, just a small kitchen and bathroom. But since our kitchen is right inside our door and people are usually still wearing shoes when they walk though, that needs to be swept pretty often. The bathroom usually goes until scheduled days without much needed in between.

I use a carpet freshener powder before I vacuum. I don't know that it actually does anything beneficial besides making it smell nice, but that's enough for me. The one I use is made by Glade, but I'm sure there are other brands out there.

Counters and clutter are about the same. I am still working on putting away or finding a new (better) home for at least 3 things each day. It's gonna take me a while at this pace, but I'm hoping once I'm out of school for the summer I can kick some serious clutter tuckus. (read: find something without needing an entire search team)

Basically the same story for Thursday, I just added in

I also whipped up another chore chart. I felt like I needed a handy way to track the things that don't need to be done on a certain day, but do need to be done somewhat frequently.
This allows me to track the chores that need to be done weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly but not necessarily in any particular order or on certain days. I just check off what I do and clean the list off at the appropriate intervals.


Also on the docket for the week. ATTACK LAUNDRY MONSTER!! It got a little scary for a while, but in the end I won. That empty spot in the middle is where I sat, through two episodes of Law & Order SVU. uhthankyouverymuch, it took forever!! Now I will just stay ahead of it.

Another project in the kitchen. My freezer got another clean out and reorganization. Actually I was using small trash cans before, but they didn't end up working out as brilliantly as I thought. So I popped in these baskets. The bottom one has meat, the top has potatoes, vegetables and snacks. So far it is working out pretty well.

 How is Operation: Get it Together coming along in your lives? What are you working? What new systems are helping your family have a smooth transition into summer??


No comments:

Post a Comment