Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Operation: Get It Together

The last couple of weeks I have been feeling a bit crazy, swamped, and out of control. I have been getting behind in my housework and chores and have gotten into a nasty habit of just dropping off my bags when I come in the door and then digging out what I need for the next day. Its a vicious cycle.  So one of the last times I did printables for myself I made this little friend and figured it as about time to put it to use to help me "get it together", hence the post title.


Now I didn't come up with these tasks randomly or on my own. I got a little help from one of our favorite bloggers, clean mama. She gives great tips and plans on getting your home clean and maintaining it. Pop over and check out her cleaning routine tab for lots of great stuff! She tells you all her favorite products and her cleaning schedules. She even provides a free printable each month to help you keep on track! She also offers other great freebies!  I wrote all about my new cleaning schedule here, and all of the great things that clean mama suggests.

So here's what my printable looks like. I just used a theme template I have used for a lot of printables lately. I'm still loving brights, chevron, and arrows. Isn't it cute???


Now I have been trying to follow this schedule for a couple months now, but just haven't been doing so great. I'm hoping a fresh new list on the fridge will keep me motivated and on track.  I added in dishes, just until it becomes a habit and I don't have to really check the list. And as far as the "clear the clutter" item goes, for now my goal is to put away 3 to 5 things that are not in their correct homes. Hopefully this will eventually become put away 1 or 2 things. Or maybe even put away just the things from that day??And since I was dryer-less and am playing catch up on laundry....I have a few extra loads to put away, but I'm working on it.

Today's special area was the bathroom. Everything listed with bathrooms got a good cleaning tonight. I just use a throw away antibacterial wipe for the sink, counters and toilet. {obviously a different wipe for the toilet!} For the tub I use a scrub brush that stays in there all the time, it is filled with vinegar and dawn. I also wiped down the caulking around the base of the tub and gave the toilet brush a good soak in bleach water. Always good to sanitize that thing.




I also just started selling thirty-one and got this baby for myself and decided that for now it's home was going to be in the bathroom collecting dirty laundry. It's a super cute just to waste on laundry collection, but it keeps it from piling up on the floor and it makes me smile to look at it. It doesn't technically help me get things done better, but it does decrease the disaster in-between so I call it a win.



What kind of cleaning schedule do you follow? How do you keep on top of your housework? Do you use a chore chart? The whole family helps out? checklists?


No comments:

Post a Comment