Monday, June 24, 2013

My Second 5K!

I did my second 5K this weekend. It was in the small town we live in, Kingsley. This weekend was Kingsley Days. The Kingsley Running Club hosted a 5K around town.
This was my second 5K. My first without my sister there for support! Eek! If you know me, you know I don't like new things and I don't like to do things by myself. I'm not going to lie, I almost didn't go. But I knew too many people who were doing it and expected me to be there. Plus, they have a cool dry-fit t-shirt. Races are all about the shirts, right? (and the medal, duh)
I finished in 39:49. I didn't have any expectations. I hadn't be training very hard, and it rained. THE WHOLE TIME. I couldn't use my phone, so I don't know my splits, but it renewed the fact that I do want to keep running. I still hate it. But I am constantly amazed at what my body can do.
So much so, that I am now training for a 15K. That is 9.3 miles. I have a training plan of adding 1/2 a mile a week.
This is just my training schedule. I am not a trainer, nor have I ever ran more than 3 miles. I am just flying by the seat of my pants.
Are you training for anything? Working on any exercise goals? Shannon and I both have fitness Pintrest boards you can follow for inspiration if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment