Monday, April 23, 2012

fifteen minutes of {organization}

So today's project was more like five minutes, but it still counts, right?
Today I tackled my cancer bag. It goes with me to every appointment. It had been a while since I cleaned it, since I have chemo Thursday, I decided this was a perfect project.
My mom got me this thirty-one bag for Christmas and it became my cancer bag!
I took everything out and sorted it. There was not as much in it as I thought, but 8 magazines was too many, even for a chemo day!
That small pile in the back is garbage. Yes, those are the blue vomit bags. I have two. You never know when you will need one, so I always travel with them. The CDs are genealogy podcasts my mom made for me to listen to. (My laptop comes to, but I clearly will not make it until Thursday without it.)
I also have fruit snack, a marker, a dollar for the vending machine, and a worry stone I got from my Aunt Laurie. I usually have way more snacks and hard candy. I need to replace those.
Then I pared down my magazines to three and one book. I also take my Kindle and throw in whatever book I am reading at the time right before I leave. When I am done with the magazines, I leave them at the Cancer Center.
My Uncle Bob (not to be confused with my brother Bob) got me the "Words for the Cure" book. It is full o beautiful pictures and inspiration.
I put my papers in my cancer binder so it is nice and neat now. The cancer binder holds all of my blood work papers I have gotten along with anything else they give me that I might need later. It is very important!
I put my marker, worry stone, fruit snacks, CDs and barf bags back in the little front pockets of my bag
Then I put the magazines and binder back in. My bag is now ready to go Thursday with just the addition of my Kindle, book and some snacks I need to pick up this week at the grocery store!
So that is my cancer bag! what organization project did you work on? Share with us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment