Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Calendar Craziness!

Shannon posted about her beginning of the month rituals, so I thought I would fill you all in on mine too, in case you care.

Shannon created me a fantastic customized planner. I <3 it. In the past I used this planner. It is $50. and fantastic! However, this year I decided to go with something else. I will let you know if I love this one Shannon made as much as my Erin Condren planner. So far, I am loving it! I am planning a planner post soon. (See what I did there?) I will show you the ins and outs of my planner/home management binder situation.


I do a monthly calendar for my husband. I used to use the super cute free calendars from Hello Cuteness (formerly Anything But Perfect). Now I use the calendar that matches my home management binder. I will probably go back and forth between the 2 throughout the year. I put these on my fridge so my Hubby can know what is going on. Clearly we are swamped this month with dance, wrestling, school activities and such. But this keeps us all in the know. Very important.


Weekly, I do menu planning. This is still in the baby step stages, and consists of me forcing my husband to plan ahead on Sunday. We don't always follow it to a T, but it is so nice to have a plan for the week and know we have all the groceries to eat for the whole week. I plan for easy meals on practice nights and at least one night of left overs. I use the weekly menu plan and grocery list that Shannon made to go with my home management binder. I also love that in my weekly planner I can jot down what we are having at the bottom.


This is Carter's reading calendar. Requires no planning ahead, but it is a calendar I deal with every day, so I thought I would share. It also lives on the fridge, with Faith's spelling words and lunch menu.



I also have a blog planner, which I have yet to utilize. This is part of my "Get Organized" plan of attack. I will keep you posted. I don't even have a picture of it because I haven't printed it.

Finally, things I need to remember, but will probably forget go on my iPhone calendar. It will remind me the day before and 2 hours before, which are both necessary. Does anyone know of a better calendar app for my phone? Let me know in the comments.


So, think I have enough calendars? How do you keep track of your life? Tell us about it or send us to your blog. Shannon and I love a great blog to stalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment