Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fifteen minutes of {organization}

This month Jen at I heart organizing is tackling the linen closet and the loo. And you know how we feel about Jen. We are pretty much soul mates.
Now, in my house, the laundry room is in the bathroom. It is super handy, most of the time. However, when you have guests over, and only one bathroom, its not as much fun. I decided to start my bathroom challenge by tidying up the laundry area.
This is what we started with:

So.. there is a lot going on in there. Let me break it down for you:
  • Clean laundry
  • Dirty laundry
  • Scale
  • Empty laundry baskets
  • Dryer sheets
  • General bathroom business
  • Thirty-one tote drying from after swimming
Really all this needed was a 15 minute tidy. I'm not sure it even took that long (not including folding the laundry).

Here is what I ended up with:
This is what I did:
  • Took the clean laundry out to the living room to fold
  • Stacked the baskets up neatly
  • Put the dryer sheets in the cupboard above the washer
  • Wiped off the washer, dryer and piggy bank
  • Put away my big thirty-one tote
  • Picked up and distributed all the misc. things
So, not a huge difference, but it makes me smile when I walk in the bathroom. I love that my argyle pig is one of the first things I see, not a giant pile of clean laundry. I have big plans for this room, hopefully I will get most of them accomplished for you this month! We have long term plans for this room, but for now I just want to make it a little prettier and a lot more functional.

Are you joining Jen in her organization challenge? Share your plans with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment