Friday, March 1, 2013

No Repeat February {week four}

Here we are in the final week of our challenge! We made it!! Wahoo!!
We made it a whole month without repeating an outfit!
We expanded our wardrobes without doing any shopping! ((outside of our own closets that is))
And we did our best to be brave and not look frumptastic (yeah, that's a real word- go with it)
If you played along, how did you do?

Here's a recap of our final week...

Monday
pants: Maurices, last summer 
tank: Buckle
long sleeve shirt: Target, not too long ago
sweater: Old Navy, Christmas
shoes: Buckle, they are super old
I had planned on wearing a teal sparkly scarf too....and it hit me as I was walking out the door of my apartment building. But I was not going to go turn off my car to get my keys and go back inside for a scarf. too lazy.

Pants: Maurices (They are 2 sizes to big and I had them rolled at the waist)
#mightbetimeforsmallerpants
Cami: Wal-Mart
Shirt: CATO
Cardigan: Wal-Mart
Shoes: American Eagle from Payless

Tuesday:
We got to wear jeans and EHS to support our baskeball team playing in the play offs!
Jeans: American Eagle, hand me downs from Shannon
Gray Shirt: Maurices
Cami: The Buckle
T-Shirt: School
Shoes: Wal-Mart


skinnies: Walmart, Black Friday sale
sweater: Old Navy, Christmas
tank: Buckle (even though you can't see it)
burnout: Buckle (can't see that either)
scarf: WalMart
Boots: Christmas gift last year

Wednesday

grey pants: New York & Company, I swear they are grey in real life
tank: Buckle (love this bright blue!)
shirt: American Eagle, way way old
sweater: Target, a year or so ago
Heels: Buckle, BKE, a few years old too

Pants: Nicole Miller from Sam's Club
Cami: Wal-Mart
Shirt: hand me down from Shannon
Cardigan: Wal-Mart
Shoes: Fashion Bug

Thursday
khakis: Gap
tank: Buckle
3/4 shirt: Rue 21? maybe
sweater: Old Navy, hand me down from my momma
Heels, Buckle BKE, a few years old
I realized that I hadn't worn any of my favorite heels this month, so I'm sticking a few in my last days :)

Shirt: Old Navy
Tank: The Buckle
Jeans: American Eagle, hand me down from Shannon
Shoes: Wal-Mart
Scarf: Shannon's.... I don't get to keep it, so its not actually a hand-me-down

So what are we planning for March?? 
Mix It Up March.
We are going to do our best to take some of our favorite outfits and change them up. Ya know, those old standby's that you can just grab out of the closet and go because you already know exactly how its going to look. We want to spice ours up a bit. 

And of course, our Friday Five. And a link up with Lauren, at from my grey desk.


                                                             Photobucket

1. We made it through the entire month of February without repeating an outfit! We are a little bit proud of ourselves. It was a lot of fun to go shopping in our own closets and bust out some forgotten fashion.

2. Niki got to sub as a teacher this week, woo-hoo for a little extra cash for the week!

3. Faith, Niki's daughter, had her dance team performance this week and did amazing!! 

4. Shannon made chicken spaghetti in the crockpot last night, yep that's right I actually made a recipe that I found on pinterest. I of course omitted the fungus (most people refer to them as mushrooms) and it was delish!

5. It was nice to have a week of "normalcy" after being all over the place for the past two weeks!! A few days in Waterloo (the otherside of the state from my house) and a weekend in Sioux Falls. And I have a hot date with a few baskets of clean laundry tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment