Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday Teacher Tip

Sorry for being MIA yesterday. Shannon and I were both spent from long weekends. More on that a different day.
Today, I would like to share with you a Teacher Tip that worked awesome for me during student teaching and easily translated to my own children at home!
Often when I wanted my students to meet me in the library or at the carpet, it would take much longer than it should. I always had stragglers, people who needed to blow their nose, and some who just seemed to get lost on the way.
I started a count-down with my students. Depending on how much they had to do before meeting me, I would start at 5 or 10. I also varied how fast I counted depending on how squirrelly they were being. It made meeting me in the library more of a sport. :)











This helps my children too. Even my 2 year old knows he better hustle when mom starts the count-down.
Hopefully this tip will help in your classroom or in your own home!
How do you get your kids (students or children) where they are supposed to be? Share your tips with us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment